As a subsidiary of ITOCHU Corporation, we apply ITOCHU Rubber Procurement Policy : our commitment to
''Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR).''
ITOCHU has participated in the “Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR)” (established in October 2018) as one
of its founding members. ITOCHU has agreed to the GPSNR’s 12 specified principles, and ITOCHU commits to fulfill the policy
The purpose is to bring about sustainable natural rubber supply and to fulfill our social responsibilities.
- Commitment to Legal Compliance
- Commitment to Healthy, Functioning Ecosystems
- Commitment to Respecting all Human Rights (L-Manual.03.01 ''FPIC Flow Chart)
- Commitment to Community Livelihoods
- Commitment to Increased Production Efficiency
- Commitment to Systems and Process to Drive Effective Implementation of Policy Components
- Commitment to Supply Chain Assessment, Traceability, and Management Application
- Commitment to Monitoring and Reporting on Progress Towards, and Conformance with, Policy Components
Policy Regarding Operations
- We will work to review the operational policies periodically in cooperation with suppliers, specialists, NGO’s and other stakeholders, while considering further initiatives for the entire supply chain aimed at the sustainability of natural rubber, all of which we shall conduct through GPSNR.